Monday 10 December 2007

Christmas is Coming

Christmas is coming and so is the party season.

That means for many if not most of us, drinking, eating and visiting relatives. I exercise regularly and eat healthily, however I do love mince pies and custard, as for Christmas Pudding...... enough said.

This story will seem very similar for most, if not a vast majority of you. So, what can you do about it?
I will tell you what I do, and maybe that will give you some ideas.

First of all I accept that I will indulge a little, so I offset this period with a little bit of exercise in the morniings, about 15 minutes worth, and the same in the evening. I use Dax Moy's Power Circuit. It only takes me about 10 - 15 minutes, requires no equipment and really gets the circulation going.


Apart from the "festivities" I stick to a good healthy balanced diet. For this I use the Elimination Diet as my guide.


No Caffeine,Sugar,Proceseesd Food, Wheat Products, or Dairy. Even though I do like certain things which can be contrary to this guide, I very much limit them to the occaisional treat. That is why, at Christmas I accept that I will eat them, so I work that bit harder to offset them. In essence, moderation and exercise.

Driking water is an essential habit to form. Being hydrated will help stop you snacking all the time. Thirst is often mistaken by the body for hunger. As a rough guide, you need to drink 1 litre of water per 25kg body mass (50lb).


Breakfast is very important. Try to keep away from Carbohydrate rich breakfasts. Ensure that you eat protein with your breakfasts. I actaully like grilled Steak and eggs cooked in natural butter. Eating breakfaast will give you a good start for the day, leaving you feeling energetic, and you will be less likely to pig out later on when you are feeling hungry


Eat smaller meals more often. The body will burn more energy digesting the food, it will utilise the nutrients better and not have to store the excess. Again ensure that you include protein in every meal, such as Chicken, Salmon, Beef and Turkey (very seasonal).



One other area I am enthusiastic in, is juicing, let's face it I must be, I've just written a book on it. But, again I use the elimination diet as a guide for my juicing. There are literally hundreds of recipes out there which are really healthy and very good for you.

I've created a free Mini-Book for you so that you can feel the benefits of juicing for yourself.

Just fill in the box at the top right hand side of this page and you'll get your copy sent to you in less than 5 minutes.


I definitely intend to enjoy myself with friends and family, so, as I said I will just put that extra bit of effort to offset what I do.

Happy Christmas!

Laurie Gomes
















No comments: